I got this in email the other day, and thought that with some revision, it contains a lot of good thoughts. Take a look and give it some thought.
1. God is not concerned what kind of car you drove; He’s concerned with how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation.
2. God is not concerned about the square footage of your house, He’s interested in how many people you welcomed into your home.
3. God is not concerned about the clothes you had in your closet, He’s concerned with how many you helped to clothe.
4. God is not concerned about how big your salary is, He’s concerned about whether you
compromised your character to obtain it.
5. God is not concerned about what your job title is, He’s concerned about whether you performed your job to the best of your ability.
6. God is not concerned about how many friends you had, He’s concerned about how many people to whom you were a friend.
7. God is not concerned about what neighborhood you lived, He’s concerned about how you treat your neighbors.
8. God is not concerned about the color of your skin, He cares about the content of your character.
Generally speaking, we as humans tend to focus on things that are not as important as we think they are. We tend to “spend money for that which is not bread, and that which does not satisfy.” (Isaiah 55). We seem to think that what we wear, what we drive, where we live, etc. are the indicators of our importance, our success, or self-worth. God looks at things totally differently. While we look on the externals, God looks at the heart. He looks at the things that matter for eternity. It is always good for us to re-evaluate our priorities, and dedicate ourselves to seeing the things that are eternal and not temporary.
What are you concerned with in your life?