How To Order Or Donate By Mail
1405 4th Ave NW #109
Ardmore, OK 73401
Dr. Don K. Preston, Wife: Janis
Don was a 1975 graduate of the Northside School of Preaching, (seminary) Harrison, Arkansas. Don has been in public speaking since the age of 13 and was voted among the Jaycees’ “Outstanding Young Men of America,” 1980. Don’s preaching ministry spanned nearly four decades in two different cities; Shawnee and Ardmore, Oklahoma. Don worked for seven years helping to produce a television program for a Christian magazine which received national recognition in the magazine, “Christianity Today.”
In June 2010, Don received an honorary Doctorate degree from Vision International University of Romona, California, in recognition of his “outstanding accomplishments in ministry and publishing.” Vision International has 140,000 students worldwide. Dr. Stan DeKoven stated at the graduation ceremony, attended by an estimated 1,000 people, that Vision seldom awards honorary Doctorate degrees, and never more than one per year.
Don is a prolific author, having written multiple book titles which can be found on Amazon.com and at the BP Store. Some of Preston’s works have been translated into six different languages, and reprinted several times.
Don’s most popular book, Who is this Babylon?, a study of Revelation, has received international critical acclaim. Don’s largest book to date, “We Shall Meet Him In The Air: The Wedding of the King of kings” (2010 ed.), is the very first, and only, full length (450+ pages) commentary on 1 Thessalonians 4 from the preterist (fulfilled) perspective. Dr. Preston’s writings have appeared in almost every major religious periodical of the Churches of Christ.
Dr. Preston has participated in several formal public debates as well as radio debates. His opponents include some of the leading evangelical leaders of the day, including:
– Joel McDurmon, Ph.D., president of American Vision and author of more than 20 books, and his Senior Fellow is Gary DeMar
– David Hester, adjunct professor at Faulkner University in Montgomery, Alabama.
– Michael Brown, president and professor at Fellowship for International Revival and Evangelism School of Ministry, is a Pentecostal, radio host of “The Line of Fire,” and author.
– Steve Gregg, author, radio host of “The Narrow Path” bible answer program, and instructor.
– Jason Wallace, Pastor, counter-cult evangelist, student of James White.
– Harold Eberle, of Worldcast Ministries, and author.
– Thomas Ice, co-founder with Tim Lahaye, of the Pre-Trib Research Center.
– George Westlake Jr., radio host and Bible expert for “Living Answers for Today” bible answer program.
– Harold Hoehner of Dallas Theological Seminary.
– David Engelsma of Reformed Theological Seminary.
– Marvin Pate of Moody College.
– F. Lagard Smith, Professor of Law at Faulkner University’s Jones School of Law in Montgomery, Alabama, author, and compiler and narrator of “The Daily Bible,” the NIV in chronological order.
– …and many other notable theologians.
In 2012, Dr. Preston participated in the 2012 Criswell College Theological Lectures on the topic, “Future Kingdom: Perspectives on the Millennial Reign of Christ.” The forum contained renowned speakers Craig Blaising, Craig L. Blomberg, G. K. Beale, Kenneth H. Gentry, and H. Wayne House, who each presented the various views on the millennium.
Dr. Preston has participated in live interviews on Christian talk shows such as “Salt and Light” in St. Louis, Missouri, the Gianni Hayes syndicated program, and numerous others. Preston is also co-host with William Bell, on a radio program called “Two Guys and A Bible” heard live every Tuesday evening on “Fulfilled Radio.”
The ministry website for the Preterist Research Institute (PRI) is www.eschatology.org. In addition to that website, Dr. Preston is also the personal owner of www.bibleprophecy.com, one of the top rated sites for the study of prophecy on the web. The websites contain many articles written by Don and other highly esteemed writers from around the country, in addition to other resources that aim to advance the fulfilled Gospel message.
Dr. Preston served as minister for the Ardmore Church of Christ, (now The Family of God church) for 16 years from 1992 to 2008. He resigned to devote himself full time to research, writing, seminars and debates through the organization he founded, PRI. PRI also sponsors an annual conference (Preterist Pilgrim Weekend – PPW) at the Ardmore Convention Center with attendees who have come from all 50 states, and numerous international locations over the past several years, which has grown in attendance nearly every year. What began as a simple seminar with only a few people, has now grown into a staple “must come” event for many since the inception of the PPW.
Don’s hobbies include collecting and restoring classic cars (especially early mustangs), and old pickups; fishing, hunting, internet research, reading, and many others.